Chuck has had extensive experience in the areas of paternity, child support, child custody and child visitation. Chuck worked as the attorney for the Phillips County Child Support Enforcement Unit for five (5) years. He left the employment of the Child Support Unit when it asked him to take the job full-time. Chuck currently handles between 15 and 50 custody/visitation disputes each year, most within the First Judicial District. Chuck has successfully litigated, settled or tried hundreds of cases involving injuries to his clients. These cases range from medical negligence/malpractice to car wrecks to nursing home neglect to products liability to premises liability. Chuck is knowledgeable and up-to-date on laws regarding Med-Pay, insurance and subrogation. He makes your case as important to him as it is to you. He realizes that your life has been turned upside down by your injury, loss of work, lost wages and loss of enjoyment of life in general. He does all he can to make that right for you.
Represented clients in numerous products liability cases with settlements exceeding 1 million dollars each.
Represented clients in thousands of injury cases, with defendant's verdicts in only 2 in 20 plus years.
Represented clients in hundreds of divorces with property divisions from thousands to millions of dollars in assets.
Selected as Eastern Arkansas Volunteer Lawyer of the Year on more than one occasion for service to indigent clients on a pro bono basis for:
Adoption Real Estate
Contract disputes Guardianships
Collection defense Probate
Obtained settlements for violations of clients‚Äô civil rights from both Local and State governments.
- Former Public Defender trying cases from drug possession to Capital Murder
- Former Attorney for Child Support Enforcement
- Former President Phillips County Bar Association 1994 to 2002
- Member National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of American Bar Association
- Member Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association
- Founding Member of Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Association of Trial Lawyers
- B.A. in Political Science - University of Arkansas 1989
- J.D. - University of Arkansas School of Law 1991
Whether you want advice about a divorce or you would like to discuss an automobile accident, you have the option of coming to the Halbert Law Office Attorney in West Helena, AR. As your Attorney, Chuck will do his best to protect your interests.
We will provide you with trusted and superior legal services in West Helena, Brinkley, Forrest City, Wynne, Marianna, Clarendon and Marvell areas.